The human hand is the most perfect tool invented by nature and evolution. With the help of this "tool" is carried out an absolute number of manipulations necessary for life: from everyday life to the most subtle. Therefore, the appearance of pain in the joints of the hands is an important problem that overshadows the most common ones.
Possible causes of pain
Of course, pain syndrome does not start from scratch and is caused by various lesions as follows:
- various bruises, dislocations, twists and other mechanical damage.
The main symptoms of arthritis of the fingers, in addition to the manifestation of pain, are swelling, puffiness and severe redness of the skin on the affected joint. According to the initial conditions that cause arthritis, the disease is divided into infectious and rheumatoid.
The reason for this is contamination with toxins and bacteria. Entering the joint with blood or lymph flow. Therefore, the best way to prevent infection from entering the bloodstream is to follow basic hygiene and asepsis rules. Otherwise, the affected joints are treated with antibiotics.
In addition, it is very important to understand one rule: if arthritis is suspected, it is necessary to diagnose all adjacent tissues: ligaments, tendons and blood vessels, as well as the forearm, shoulder joint and wrist. Prerequisites for pain in the wrist joints can be hidden in the failure of the joints in one joint.
Rheumatoid arthritis is the result of a combination of various harmful factors such as infections, strenuous physical activity and an unhealthy lifestyle. All of these factors, as a rule, increase with age and cause pain by "ticking" a person's joints. In principle, there is no effective way to treat this disease now, but remission is possible.
Rheumatism is known as a very unpleasant sharp pain. This sharpness of its manifestations brought to the joints of the fingers, while the whole process was accompanied by redness, swelling and violation of freedom of movement. Add to this a possible rash and an increase in body temperature, and a complete picture of the disease, which can be treated only with the help of a doctor, will be drawn.
The disease is characterized by gradual deformation of the joints in the hands. The disease develops gradually: initially, there is a slight pain that gradually increases over the years, accompanied by a feeling of stiffness in the joints and a gradual difficulty in the movement of the wrist joints, especially the fingers. One of the most obvious symptoms is pain symmetry: the joints ache in both hands, and first the thumbs, and then everything in turn is affected.
Gout on the hands
This cause is usually specific to the ankle joints, but often occurs in the carpal joints. Gout causes a large amount of purine deposits in the tissues of the joint and joint fluid, purines are found in fatty meat products - this means that the cause of the disease is due to improper dietary behavior.
In general, all diseases lead to the following process: the joint of the thumb begins to suffer from pain syndrome, and over time all the other fingers ache, at first the pain is a little uncomfortable, but over time it increases under external influences. and internal factors (cold, heat, fatigue) and the impossibility of performing even the simplest finger manipulations.
Unfortunately, when the fingers are almost gone, most people go to clinics for professional help.
About the treatment of pain in the joints of the fingers
If there is a problem with pain in the joints of the fingers, its solution is possible only on their own initiative and with the qualified services of a rheumatologist or osteopath. These are two doctors who prescribe special procedures and medications depending on the extent of the lesion.
List of basic actions in case of pain in the hands:
- See a doctor (surgeon, rheumatologist, osteopath);
- Independent use of condom protectors;
- Use of painkillers;
- Self-help gymnastic exercises that allow you to gently develop the joints of the hands.
Condoprotectors are special substances that replace and restore destroyed cartilage tissue. This effect is achieved due to the specific composition of the drug, the active substance of which is very close to the cartilage structure. In addition, the effect of the drug is enhanced by mineral and vitamin complexes and extracts of herbs and plants, which are able to relieve inflammation, pain and increase the overall tone of the joints.
Painkillers are usually used in situations where the pain is so severe that it is impossible to live normally. The pain can spread to the wrist joint, forearm and shoulder in foci.
An important rule in gymnastic manipulations is to gradually increase the load from the smallest. In addition, the load increases relative to the capacity of the joints under the supervision of the attending physician, it is also important to self-manage and calculate their strength correctly.
- If the pain is caused by rheumatoid arthritis, the most acute measure is surgical treatment. In the case of a very large percentage, physical treatment of the affected joint, heat and acupuncture give very good results. Exercise, as in horizontal bar and swimming, has been shown to bore rheumatoid arthritis and significantly slow the progression of the disease.
- Lesions caused by osteoarthritis are more difficult to treat because they are accompanied by deformity and stop the synovial fluid (joint lubrication) from working. Against the background of these manifestations begins the degradation of tissues around the joint. Treatment involves an integrated approach to the use of non-steroidal analgesics. If the pain is characterized by great strength, it can be applied internally as a painkiller. The purchase of condom protectors is also mandatory. The arthroscopy procedure is mandatory - local opening of the joint and imaging of the processes in the joint and the image on the screen.
It is important to remember that worshiping the devil at an early stage will complicate treatment and cause the hands to lose their ability to work. Like others, the joints of the hands should be cared for from a young age.